BLUE ROUTE: PORT DE CATARROJA-TANCAT DE LA PIPA.
This route runs among Catarroja rice fields from the Port to the mouth of the ravine in Chiva, in the Albufera Lake. It is the most important ravine of the Albufera Lake’s watershed. Moreover, this route lets us know about different places of interest in this natural park as it covers part of the north marsh. We can also appreciate the preservation and conservation of the Lake’s natural biodiversity as well as its “filtres verds”.
Among its attractions this route includes the green scenery of rice fields between May and September, the canals’ water input, irrigation ditches and ravine and a general overview of the Albufera Lake at the end of the route. As regards fauna, we can come across an outstanding variety of birds
The characteristics of the route are:
- Duration: 2 hours (on foot)
- Length: 3.7 km
- Type: trekker, touring cyclist, possibility of getting a boat.
It is a round route that can be fully completed or you can go back to the starting point at any moment.
Recommended season: from end of October to early March and during the rice season between May and September,
- Check hunting seasons
- We recommend you to make an appointment if you want to visit “El Tancat de la Pipa”. Phone number: 608 746 865.
- You can go for a short walk along the restored area of the Port of Catarroja among piers and restaurants. You will need more time to complete the route on foot. Beware of the sun as there are not many shaded areas once you leave the Port
- You can go on a bike round tour within the hour at low speed to enjoy the scenery.
WHAT TO DO?